• Aeon is a program that allows patrons to manage their personal information and Special Collections' material requests online. It replaces two separate systems at USF Tampa Library Special & Digital Collections (SDC): our staff-only circulation system and the paper call-slip system.
• All existing and new SDC patrons need to create Aeon accounts via the “First Time Users” link above. Patrons no longer need to fill out and submit paper call slips. Instead, patrons will request all Special Collections' materials online within their Aeon accounts.
How will this change help me with my research at USF Tampa Library Special & Digital Collections?
• You won't need to transcribe book information onto call slips. Items in the USF Libraries Catalog may be requested automatically by clicking the new "Request" button in the catalog record.
• You can prepare and save requests online in advance of your visit. Upon arrival at the SDC Reading Room, you can submit your requests with the click of a button.
• You can track the status of your requests online: for instance, you can see whether an item is being retrieved, on hold, or checked in.
• If you are a remote researcher communicating with a staff member, you and the staff member can manage your requests together within your online research account.
• You can view a detailed history of every request you have ever made in your research account.